We are the Children’s Organization of Courage (Dječja Udruga Hrabrost – DUH), welcome to our site!
Meet us and find out how you can help.
Our mission and vision
To see disadvantaged young people and those with disabilities treated as active and equal members of the community in which they live. In cooperation with our international family we aim to enrich the lives of our young people through a pilgrimage to Lourdes and activities in Croatia.
- To spread awareness of the potential, abilities and rights of disadvantaged young people and those with disabilities
- To promote volunteering and to educate volunteers in working with disadvantaged young people and those with disabilities.
- To encourage charity within society.
- To gather donations and organise a pilgrimage to Lourdes every year at Easter.
- To organise fun and educational activities for these young people in their own towns.
- To cooperate with related associations and organisations.
“There are no words to describe my journey other than – beautiful.
Of course, it was not easy for my mum and dad to leave me with people they did not know a long time. For days I secretly listened to my parent’s conversations: ‘How will our girl be without us, and we without her?’ I had never been apart from them; we always went together on trips.
Eventually the day came when we all got to meet up, with whom we now call “Our friends from DUH”. I watched my mums face for a while at the first meeting, and then I knew it was going to be. Yippee, I will travel with these wonderful people and on a plane as well!
And so it was – I went with my friends, both small and large!
My parents were so happy because they knew that I was with people who really care. They didn’t have to worry that I would eat or drink, or be dressed in pajamas or even listen to a bedtime story. They knew I would be protected like a snowflake in your palm, and that’s how it was!
Our journey together will never fade because it was unforgettable, and there was so much love, happiness, singing and beautiful friendships.”
Marija (12 years)
Dojmovi drugih o nama